Breathe Easier on the Road Thanks to Advanced 2017 Honda Pilot Safety Features
When you're driving with family members in tow, safety considerations are paramount. Luckily for consumers, the outstanding 2017 Honda Pilot safety features are state-of-the-art and plentiful.
Not only has the award-winning Pilot earned two of the highest possible safety ratings in the automotive industry, but this outstanding three-row SUV is chock-full of high-tech features, including driver-assist technologies that will greatly ease your mind each time you head out on the open road. Keep reading to learn more!
Before we delve into the Honda Pilot's cutting-edge safety features, we want to mention the exceptional crashworthiness of this impressive SUV.
In crash tests administered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Pilot has earned the highest possible rating of 5 stars. When equipped with Honda Sensing safety features, the Pilot has further received a Top Safety Pick+ designation from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, which is the highest safety rating that entity offers for vehicles.*
Standard Safety Features
Among its advanced safety offerings, the Honda Pilot serves up a robust array of features that come standard across the entire Pilot trim lineup. These amenities include:
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: In a vehicle large enough to carry your entire family, rear visibility can be a concerning issue. That's why the Honda Pilot offers a standard multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines. This camera system goes into action when the Pilot is shifted into reverse, giving the driver a clear view of any obstacles in the vehicle's path. This system delivers three different angles: normal, top-down, and wide.
- Advanced Airbags: The airbag system offered onboard the Pilot is anything but ordinary. Smart features offered with this system include SmartVent front side airbags, which can detect occupants riding in the front passenger seat and deploy in a way that reduces risks to smaller passengers. The Pilot's three-row side curtain airbags with rollover sensors can determine the rate and roll of rollover accidents and deploy accordingly.
- ACE Body Structure: Safety features found onboard the Honda Pilot start from the outside in. Honda’s proprietary advanced compatibility engineering (ACE) body structure is designed to absorb and deflect frontal collision energy and also helps mitigate the amount of force transferred into the vehicle's cabin. ACE body structure can even help more evenly distribute crash energy that is transferred to other vehicles involved in a collision.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control: Another standard safety feature found onboard the Honda Pilot is its vehicle stability assist with traction control. This feature helps boost control when the Pilot is accelerating, braking, cornering, and otherwise maneuvering. The system also helps cut down on dangerous understeer and oversteer, delivering brake force independently to individual wheels while managing the ignition, throttle, and fuel systems to keeping the Pilot safely in its intended travel path.
State-of-the-Art Driver-Assist Technologies
The Honda Pilot's advanced safety offerings also include available driver-assist features that are offered for the higher Pilot trim levels. Included among them are the Honda LaneWatch Blind Spot Display System and a Blind Spot Monitoring System with Cross-Traffic Monitor.
The Pilot can also come equipped with available state-of-the-art Honda Sensing features, including:
- Forward Collision Warning
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Road Departure Mitigation System
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Adaptive Cruise Control
Discover Cutting-Edge Safety
Drivers can discover the 2017 Honda Pilot's advanced safety features for themselves at Commonwealth Honda, 6 Commonwealth Drive in Lawrence, MA. We're just a short drive from Lowell, Salem, and Haverhill, so contact us today to schedule your test drive.
*The 2017 Pilot with Honda Sensing™ and LED headlights has been awarded the coveted 2017 TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) in recognition of its superior crash safety performance.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov). Model tested with standard side airbags (SAB).