2018 Honda CR-V Safety: Find True Peace of Mind
Few brands have the reputation for safety and reliability that Honda has developed over generations, and Lawrence drivers in the market for a new crossover should be impressed by all the 2018 Honda CR-V safety features have to offer. Long past the days of seat belts and airbags, Honda has outfitted the CR-V with advanced driver assistance technologies designed to help you avoid a possible accident before it happens:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Road Departure Mitigation
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Multi-angle Rearview Camera
Honda Sensing and More
Many of the features we broke down above are part of the Honda Sensing package, a standard among the 2018 Honda CR-V safety features for EX, EX-L, and Touring models. Many of these features do just what it sounds like:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: This system can help brake the CR-V if it senses an otherwise unavoidable collision.
- Road Departure Mitigation: A small front-mounted camera can track road markers and detect if you are leaving the road, intervening to help keep you on the pavement.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: By tracking the other vehicles’ speeds around you, this system can automatically adjust cruise control to keep pace with traffic.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: If this system senses you straying from your lane without signaling, the steering can adjust slightly to keep you centered.
While the driver is always responsible for being in control of the vehicle, these features can help give you peace of mind behind the wheel.
The multi-angle rearview camera is one of the CR-V’s many standard features, and shifting into reverse engages it automatically so you can back up and park with confidence.
Contact Commonwealth Honda today to learn more about the capabilities of the modern crossover; there’s so much more to the 2018 Honda CR-V than safety, making it a smart choice for driver from Methuen to Andover.
More from Commonwealth Honda
New Honda Vehicles Contact Us When it comes to vehicle dependability, Honda is at top the top of the list. These cars, trucks, and SUVs are built to last, and they feature the latest in technology, comfort, and safety features. Honda reliability means your vehicle is ready to take on the road from the moment…
Contact Us We don’t have an exact date yet, but Honda has announced that the new Accord will be arriving in the Fall of 2018. So drivers from Lowell and Haverhill to Salem, NH asking “when does the 2018 Honda Accord come out?” have an answer! If you’re excited for the new sedan, we can’t…
View Inventory Contact Us As any New England driver knows, winters here can be brutal—and dangerous. How many times have you been caught in one of those harrowing blizzards on the interstate, when traffic moves to a crawl and you’re just hoping to make it to next exit or roadside stop? Trust us—we know the…
Learn More One need only look at the long history of the crossover to see that the CR-V is a vehicle with a legacy, and part of that legacy comes from how well built used Honda CR-Vs are. With recent models boasting a plethora of performance-enhancing devices, a spectrum of driver assist technologies, and a…